Thursday, January 26, 2023

Tasting- Bota Box, Sauvignon Blanc

 


Name: Sauvignon Blanc, Varietal, United States, California, NV,  $ 22.99

Wine shop review: "The wine’s green, herbaceous and fruity scents are sometimes accented with musky aromas, yet its flavors are consistently fresh and bright." - Total Wine  (https://www.totalwine.com/wine/white-wine/sauvignon-blanc/bota-box-sauvignon-blanc/p/143519030) 

Wine Folly: "Ripe Gooseberry, quince, grapefruit, flint, smoke" (pg. 230) I definitely agree with the grapefruit and smoke but not exactly tasting the gooseberry, quince, or flint.

Personal review: This wine is very light and refreshing. I got hints of fruits but very subtle. It was dry and the first sip seemed slightly bitter. I drank it with ice to lower it's temperature because I was using a stemless wine glass. I did not have it with any food but I think something that could have complimented it would be peanuts. Overall, I really enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese pairing April 16

  My first wine choice was Giambellino Peach Bellini, Sparkling flavored wine, Germany, Vintage: 2020, 5.99$ Review: This wine was very good...