Thursday, January 26, 2023

Tasting- Sutter Home, Cabernet Sauvignon

 


Cabernet Sauvignon, varietal, United States, California, NV, $ 5.99 (for a 4-pack of 187 ml bottles)

Review: "Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine is full bodied with a rich aroma to delight the senses. This Cabernet wine features dark fruit flavors with red cherry, sweet vanilla, toasted oak and light herbal aromas." - Ralph's (https://www.ralphs.com/p/sutter-home-mini-cabernet-sauvignon-red-wine-pack/0008520051874) 

Wine Folly: "Fundamentally speaking, Cab is a full-bodied red wine with dark fruit flavors and savory tastes from black pepper to bell pepper." (Found on the Wine Folly website because I could not find it in the France section of the book) I definitely agree with the dark fruit and savory taste but did not get any black or bell pepper.

Personal Review: This wine is a bit heavier. It is very dry and has almost an undertone of what tastes to me like dark chocolate. I did not pair this wine with food but I believe it would go really well with pasta. I really enjoyed this wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese pairing April 16

  My first wine choice was Giambellino Peach Bellini, Sparkling flavored wine, Germany, Vintage: 2020, 5.99$ Review: This wine was very good...