Sunday, April 16, 2023

Wine and Cheese pairing April 16

 


My first wine choice was Giambellino Peach Bellini, Sparkling flavored wine, Germany, Vintage: 2020, 5.99$

Review: This wine was very good. I liked the sparkling factor combined with peach flavors because I had never had a wine like that. It was definitely incredibly fruity- almost too much but still not bad. Very very sweet. This is a perfect wine for summer time and I chose it because I knew it would interact with cheese interestingly, being so bold. 

Online Review: "Cloudy apricot color. Aromas of peach custard and sorbet with a sweet full body and a long candied lime and honeyed peaches finish. A superb peach Bellini that delights and satisfies with its rich natural flavor." (https://www.tastings.com/Wine-Review/Giambellino-Peach-Bellini-Germany-Germany-06-10-2020.aspx) 

I paired this peachy wine with the pepper jack cheese (far left in photo). I also topped it with salami and a club house cracker. This was surprisingly really good. The slight spiciness in the pepper jack was perfect to balance out all of the sweetness in the wine. It also gave the pepper jack more of a kick and emphasized the creaminess. 


Next up was: Winking Owl Savignon Blanc, Variety: Sav Blanc, California, United States, Vintage: 2020, 3.45$ 

Review: This wine was alright. Savignon Blanc is my favorite variety of wine, but this one might have been a bit too acidic for me. It had the usual fruitiness to it and I definitely tasted some citrus in it, which may have emphasized the acidity. Definitely not bad, just not my favorite.

 Online Review: "Layers of citrus, lemon and apple with elegantly balanced acidity. Pairs well with seafood, light pasta dishes and poultry." (https://www.aldi.us/en/products/alcohol/white-wine/detail/ps/p/winking-owl-sauvignon-blanc/) 

 I paired this with the cheddar cheese just because I didn't want to be too risky. This pairing was pretty good. I believe that the cheese made it taste a lot better. The wine brought out the slight tangyness of the cheddar cheese and the cheese seemed to emphasize more of the fruit flavors in the wine as opposed to just sourness. 


 Lastly: Pacific Fruit Vineyards Sweet Blueberry Wine, California, United States, 2022, 4.99$

Review: I really enjoyed this wine. I had been wanting to try another desert wine and this was perfect! It had a fuller body than the other wines but that made it almost kinda creamy which I enjoyed. And, obviously, I could definitely taste blueberries! I also just enjoy drinking darker wines that are served chill because it's different.

Online Review: "Experience a fruity, medium-bodied wine with delicious sweet natural flavors of vibrant blueberry. Perfect complement to a delicious meal, beautiful day, fun party, or on its own. Serve chilled." ( https://www.aldi.us/en/products/alcohol/specialty-wine/detail/ps/p/pacific-fruit-vineyard-sweet-blueberry-wine/) 

I enjoyed this wine with swiss cheese. This honestly was pretty good. The sweetness of the wine from the blueberry flavors matched well with the sweetness in the cheese. I topped this one off with salami and club house crackers for a second taste and it was even more delicious. 

Overall: This was a successful wine tasting! It made for a fun and relaxing Sunday... My roommate also made banana bread (pictured below) so I had to try it with the blueberry wine. 10/10!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese pairing April 16

  My first wine choice was Giambellino Peach Bellini, Sparkling flavored wine, Germany, Vintage: 2020, 5.99$ Review: This wine was very good...